10 Healthy Breakfast Meal Prep Recipes
For most people, the best healthy breakfasts are super tasty ones that you can put together quickly. A complex recipe is rarely a wise move in the morning, since few people wake up with the extra time and energy needed to make an elaborate breakfast.
Using a meal prep approach will transform your relationship with breakfast, helping you get your blood sugar up slowly, to keep it stable for the rest of the day. Another transformative morning tip? Skip the coffee and start your day off right with a jolt of fast-acting, natural fuel in the form of Energy Multiplier. Try these 10 healthy meal prep ideas to get a quality breakfast every morning, without sacrificing an extra hour of sleep.
1. Muffin cups never disappoint. By combining the muffin ingredients over the weekend, you can cook up a batch of muffins using egg, whole grains, and natural sweetener (such as a tropical fruit or berry). Adding baking powder can help the muffins stay light, and using only egg whites is an easy way to cut down on cholesterol. There are countless muffin recipes to choose from, and once made, these breakfast bites can be frozen and enjoyed for many mornings to come. We’ve included this fancy healthy breakfast meal prep with chocolate and yogurt, but read on for a variety of other, more simple suggestions.
2. Sweet potato stews are easy and help you start your day with a serving of vegetables. Combine cubed sweet potatoes or yams with red peppers and a protein source, and bake or toss it in a crockpot. Scoop out individual portions for freezing, then defrost and sauté or microwave in the a.m. The only special tool you’ll need is the right sized containers for freezing.
3. Egg bites are the best. Personalize your recipe with delicious add-ins like fancy cheese or bacon. Check out this easy at-home recipe. Make a batch ahead of time and enjoy on the go (while also saving some dough)!
4. Oats are a healthy breakfast staple. This zucchini and blueberry oat muffin recipe from Ambitious Kitchen combines vegetables with fruit and nuts. This breakfast meal prep is healthy, and best of all, it won’t slow you down (or weigh you down) as you head out the door.
5. Why did we include three types of muffins on this list? Because they’re such a great AM option! Muffins function as a DIY replacement for a protein/granola bar. They also make for a great snack or a nice addition to your lunch. This recipe from Veggies & Virtues is gluten, dairy, and peanut free: Healthy Carrot Muffins.
6. Overnight oats are an easy, no-cook recipe. They are quick to prepare the night before and seem to be catching on as a trendy healthy breakfast idea. Shake up your traditional overnight oats with this Pineapple Coconut Overnight Oats recipe.
7. Don’t like oats or eggs? Try this Keto Vanilla Chia Pudding from Meal Prep On Fleek. To keep it keto, the sugar is low and grains are non-existent.
8. A simple fruit salad is a timeless breakfast option. Combine your fruit(s) of choice with a few heaping spoonfuls of yogurt, and try adding some nuts for a little extra protein. Chop, mix fruits, then add OJ or pineapple juice for a citrus marinade. With a ready-made fruit salad that lasts for three days, you have an easy breakfast that is light and nutritious.
9. Stewed fruit is an old English staple that combines dried fruits to create a high-fiber, warming breakfast. You can use dried apples, peaches, apricots, and prunes; stew it all up the night before, and refrigerate until morning. Enjoy this tasty breakfast over the next three to four days in small batches. Plus, you can combine it with an egg recipe for a good dose of protein!
10. Hard boiled eggs are a great option if you want to eat on the go and are looking for one of the simplest meal preps on the planet. We recommend having a cache of hard boiled eggs in the fridge. This is the pinnacle of an easy meal prep – boil for eight minutes, let cool, peel, and refrigerate.
Long story short: the most important meal of the day doesn’t have to be a burden. With so many options, which healthy breakfast meal prep recipe will you choose? Let us know in the comments!