by Jane Jourdan, Fit for Broadway
Let’s talk about hydration! Sweat in the summer heat is our biggest reminder to rehydrate but in the winter, it can be really easy to forget to hydrate properly. Dehydration causes exhaustion, cramps, dry skin, muscle fatigue, loss of focus, and even makes you more susceptible to winter flu and colds. Definitely not ideal, especially for athletes, performers, or anyone who lives an active lifestyle.
I was so excited to recently discover Liquid I.V., an oral rehydration solution made for people with active lifestyles, like performers! Sports drinks, caffeinated drinks, and sodas are loaded with artificial sugars and ingredients. Liquid I.V. is all-natural and contains 110% daily value of vitamins including vitamin C, B3, B5, B6, and B12. Ya’ll know I am seriously into the benefits of daily vitamins plus Liquid I.V. has 4x the electrolytes of leading sports drinks. #healthy
I’m also pretty pumped that the creators went to Loyola Marymount University with me. (Shoutout to Hayden who was my pal during Study Abroad in Greece!) Liquid I.V. is tasty alone or mixed in a smoothie like the one below!
L.I.V. Hydration Smoothie
- 1 Packet of Liquid I.V.
- 1 cup kale de-stemmed
- 1/2 orange peeled & diced
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 2-3 cubes of ice
Blend all ingredients on high until mixed completely.
IMPROVES ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE
- Exercise performance is impaired when you are dehydrated by as little as 2% of your body weight. Losing more than 5% of body weight from dehydration can decrease the ability to workout by close to 30%. Lean muscle in the body is comprised of around 80% water and it needs that water to properly function.
- Liquid I.V. allows the body to perform at the highest level.
PROMOTES WEIGHT LOSS AND IMPROVED BODY COMPOSITION
- Proper hydration is one of the most effective and least expensive forms of weight loss. It can actually help your body increase calorie burn and weight loss. You burn approximately one calorie for every fluid ounce of cold water you drink. One of the most direct ways that hydration aids in improving body composition is in relation to your ability to perform physical activity.
- Liquid I.V. helps you stay properly hydrated and improves your ability to physically perform and increase caloric burn.
REDUCES SIGNS OF AGING AND IMPROVES COMPLEXION
- Drinking the proper amount of water daily is critical as you age. It aids in digestion, circulation, absorption, and even secretion. Human skin is an organ that is made up of cells and without proper hydration, it is more prone to wrinkling and can turn dry, tight, and flakey. As you grow older, your body’s ability to conserve water and the sensation of thirst both decline, which combined can lead to dehydration.
- Liquid I.V.’s hydration properties can make you look and feel younger by helping protect body tissue, healthy skin cells, and joint lubrication.
INCREASED MENTAL CLARITY AND ENERGY
- Scientific studies have shown that even mild dehydration at both rest and during exercise can influence mood, energy, levels, and the ability to think clearly. We often use thirst as an indicator for when we need to drink water, but this can be too late to avoid the detrimental effects of dehydration.
- Liquid I.V. helps you stay mentally alert and energized by keeping you properly hydrated. Additionally it contains 5 essential vitamins that give your body a natural boost of energy.
Liquid I.V. was also part of the most recent FFB Fitness Event with Body Conceptions! Hope everyone is enjoying it!
Interested in ordering? Click below.